Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Childs Own Studio

OH
MY
GOSH.
I am so in love with this idea!
This lady,Wendy Tsao, decided to make a soft toy for her 4 year old son based on a drawing that he did.
She then started a business doing this for other children.
I am going to open every box and cupboard in the house until I find some childhood drawings so that I can do this too.
If anyone else would like this for their own children/grandchildren, I'd be happy to do it. I'm really excited to try so please don't hesitate!
I think this would make a nice fathers/mothers/grandparents day gift too.

Here's a little from Wendy herself:
"Child’s Own Studio started with a simple idea: to make a recognizable comfort toy for a 4 year-old boy based on his drawing.  It was an idea that launched my home-based craft business. Since then, I’ve custom made a few hundred soft toys based on children’s drawings, each one as unique as the child who drew it.
Child’s Own Studio celebrates children’s art and their imagination with every handcrafted one-of-a-kind soft toy.
The child’s drawing, a wonderful expression of childhood, is the starting point of the collaborative project. Details and color choices are reproduced as closely as possible so that the stuffed toy that arrives in the mail is immediately recognizable to the child who designed it.  It’s a fun, rewarding process, and kids love seeing their drawings come alive."






1 comment:

  1. I have an entire huge envelope of drawings from when you and Rio were small - it's in the study :)

    ReplyDelete